Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Commission dog portrait. Contemporary and affordable dog art by Robert Joyner.

Contemporary Dog Portrait

Details About This Custom Dog Painting

Acrylic on paper, measures 15" x 11" and was sold unframed

Inspiration And Technique Used To Paint This Commission

This piece is inspired from some photograph references that were sent to me from Sabine. I have an active Facebook Fan page, and Sabine has always commented on my artwork. She spotted a commissioned dog painting I did a month ago, and decided she would like a portrait of her dog 'DD'. I agreed and here are the results. I'm also honored to have her as my first collector in Germany.

Since Sabine preferred warmer tones, I used an unusual but interesting palette. Well, an usual palette for me that is. Before starting the painting, I decided to break-up the warmer tones by tinting the paper with ultramarine blue. I rarely paint with this much brown and yellow, but I actually enjoyed the minimalist palette. Much of the dark's were a combination of mars black mixed with Prussian blue, or phythlo green. I prefer dark's that have a shot of color into them so they're not so flat.

Close-Up Images So You Can Appreciate The Expressive Brushwork

 How To Commission A Pet Portrait

You can have your favorite pet painted too. I love painting animals and could furnish a custom painting on paper, or canvas. I have a commission form that will help start the process. It only takes a few minutes to fill out the form and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your consideration.
Other Art News And Parting Thoughts
To be a full-time painter is an honor and a privilege. It's also a responsibility to produce the best possible art that represents my originality and life experiences. Every artist, including myself, should work diligently to express your visions on canvas for the world to see. Never sacrifice for cheap imitations. Listen to advice and instructions from others, but always let your intuitions and opinions be the ultimate decision maker. Be yourself!

Be sure to vote in this week's poll. I've put together four studies to pick from, so choose wisely and I'll paint a larger version of the winner.

If you're new to the website, be sure to take a few moments and browse some of the portfolio's, video demonstrations and tutorials. There's plenty of useful and entertaining content here for everyone.

Also, if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to the website. It's a perfect way to keep in touch with the latest paintings and other updates.

To purchase original paintings, you can visit my Etsy shop. There you'll discover over 200 original works on paper and canvas. My goal is to make fine art affordable.

For more information about Robert Joyner, visit www.robertjoynerartist.com

That's about all folks. I'll see you back here tomorrow. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.