Saturday, March 26, 2011

Contemporary Still Life Painting With Vase Of Flowers By Robert Joyner

Modern still life painting with vase of flowers

Details About This Artwork

Acrylic on paper, measures 15" x 16" and is available unframed.

Inspiration And Technique Used To Create This Floral Painting

My inspiration for this painting was color. I don't often used gray as a dominant color but decided to fill an entire session with this idea to see if I liked it. I posted a similar gray piece several days ago that had a cow. These two paintings were done during the same session so you can see how I get locked in on an idea and try to incorporate it into different subjects. By making color the main focus, it really eliminates the possibility of over-painting. I'm certainly guilty of trying to do too much with a theme that results in a stiff painting. One great way to get out of this rut so-to-speak, is to change the way I'm thinking by focusing on the colors and not the subjects.

If you would like to learn more about my techniques then check out the video demonstrations and tutorials.

More Images So You Can Appreciate The Abstract Qualities Of This Painting





How To Purchase This Painting
This piece is now available at my Etsy shop. Be sure to stop in and browse the great deals on original art.

That's about all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.