Sunday, June 5, 2011

ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR TROPICAL FLOWER PAINTING BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

PROMISE ME

AN ORIGINAL TROPICAL WATERCOLOR PAINTING
BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

29 X 21

AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE

I just finished this large, full sheet watercolor painting of, you guessed it, another Hibiscus flower. I decided to try the heavier paper, 300lb, and I liked it enough to order more. The paper allowed me to really experiment with washes on the main Hibiscus flower. I still like to do the abstract background though, I think it really is a great support to my main focus. The glazing process takes quite a bit longer than my usual method, but I was excited by the results so I may use the glazing method again for certain subjects. If you are interested in this painting or something similar feel free to contact me via my email link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.