Monday, August 1, 2011

ORIGINAL CONTEMPORARY TROPICAL FLORAL WATERCOLOR PAINTING BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

PLUMERIA #2

An original contemporary realism floral watercolor painting
from the Plumeria Collection
by Colleen Sanchez

14 x10
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE


I'm working on 2 collections this summer - continuing with my Hibiscus series and now also painting a series representing the Plumeria trees and their wonderful flowers. We are fortunate to have the Plumeria Grove here on the island, with its many trees including some rare species of Plumeria. I spotted this bunch as I was ducking under one of the trees to protect my camera during a rain shower. As the rain shower passed the suns rays peeked through the leaves and branches to give this bunch of blooms a glowing light. I thought it would be fun do do a bunch of flowers rather than the single close ups I normally focus on. Even though the flowers are realistic, the background is abstracted to show them off. The painting is done on 300 lb. paper and it sure means less buckling during the wet in wet portion of the piece. I'm looking forward to doing the next Plumeria, right after I finish another full sheet Hibiscus in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.