Sunday, August 14, 2011

ORIGINAL CONTEMPORARY TROPICAL FLORAL PAINTING BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ , NEW PAINTING

MAUVE DREAM
an original contemporary realism tropical floral watercolor painting
from the Hibiscus Collection

by Colleen Sanchez

29 x 21
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
EMAIL LINK
BLOG LINK

I finally finished my latest full sheet watercolor painting. This original watercolor painting on 300 lb. paper is a representation of a lovely hybrid Hibiscus created right here in Hawaii. I was fortunate enough to visit the Hibiscus Lady's farm last month and shot many photographs of her Hybrid Hibiscus plants, see her link below. Her primary focus is to create gorgeous colors in the Hibiscus flower and she's doing a fabulous job. She sells plants locally and ships plants to the mainland too.

 I wish I could have done some paintings outside at the farm but its just too hot to stand it for long enough. I was broiling under the sun even doing the photos as quickly as I could. I do however get a lot of pleasure from reviewing the photos later and using the good bits from several to get a composition that I want to end up working from. I had lots of watercolor paper scraps around me while doing this one, testing my greens and mauves and purples. I was so pleased with the leaves and the results I got with my background wet into wet turned out better than I expected too. All in all I am enjoying this journey of learning this amazing watercolor medium.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.