Thursday, September 15, 2011

ORIGINAL LANDSCAPE PAINTING BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

STREAM'S EDGE
an Original Watercolor Painting
from the Landscape Collection

by Colleen Sanchez
14 x 21

AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
EMAIL LINK
BLOG LINK

I was walking along a stream in one of our gorgeous parks one morning and came across this stand of bamboo. I was so attracted to the shapes created by the sunlight and shadows and so compelled to paint the scene afterwards. I didn't include the leafy tops because the stands against the stream were what really attracted my notice in the first place. I also wanted to challenge myself to do the background first without any masking, and what an adventure, direct painting and mixing on the paper and get it all on before it dried. I didn't want any hard edges in the water or the bank. Once the background was very dry I used the same painting method on the stands, branches and leaves, with just a little more for shadows after everything dried. So happy with the results, I'll have to work on more landscape paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.