Sunday, February 12, 2012

ORIGINAL MINIATURE WATERCOLOR PAINTING BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

BLOOMING

ORIGINAL MINIATURE ROSE FLOWER PAINTING IN WATERCOLOR
BY COLLEEN SANCHEZ

6 x 6

AVAILABLE


VISIT MY ART BLOG

Today's miniature watercolor painting is of a sweet rose in the process of blooming. I love the way her center glows with an inner light. I used a few different yellows with a touch of red to get the luminous light. I thought the several leaves offered a supportive backdrop for this gentle rose. Lately the miniatures I've been painting in watercolor are rich enough that they can be framed under glass or plexi but without mats to more resemble the look of oil or acrylic. I'm currently hard at work on some miniature oil paintings, so come back and visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.